Monday, February 28, 2011

My Myspace Lover

At age 17 the hottest new trend was myspace. for those of you who were to young at the time, it was the first version of facebook. Being that I am gay and living in a conservative town, high school wasn't the easiest place to meet single, available guys.  So taking to the internet was my only obvious option. While on there I had been talking to a couple guys, but there was one in particular...my myspace lover. I hadn't had a great dating history before this, one guy was attached to my hip and not really my type, just available and the other was too depressed for me so I wasn't sure how meeting Mr. Myspace was going to go. So I did what every preteen does at my age...brought my girl friends (and my father). We met up with Mr. Myspace in Hollister at the mall while my Dad was at the food court with my little brothers. I wanted to get a chance to meet him, before awkwardly introducing him to my Dad. When he approached us, he was cuter than his pics were online, which was a good thing. Then he came in for a hug and smelt amazing, which was a really good thing. Something then happened to my mouth. I wanted to speak but the words wouldn't come out. I was afraid this was going to happen, thankfully I came prepared. I had my girl friends. Bringing friends along helps take the edge off of meeting someone for the first time, it might seem tacky that you have to bring a possy with you to meet someone for the  first time, but if you get nervous meeting new people it can be a tremendous help. Your friends feel no pressure. They don't have to impress the guy or girl so for them there is no risk. But you also must be careful at selecting the friends you want to bring with you, you want to bring friends with big personalities who will include the new comer into the conversation. You don't want it to be all inside jokes with your friends, and forget that there is someone who has no idea what your talking about, with you. Luckily my girl friends did a great job at talking to Mr. Myspace and helped me along with getting to know him better. I don't know how, or why but he was still interested in me and wanted to get together again. Mind you, at this point in my life I had horrible acne, and was pretty shy. So why he was still interested in me was beyond me, but I wasn't going to let the opportunity pass me by...

No comments:

Post a Comment