Wednesday, March 2, 2011

The Apology

After a week of ignoring phone calls, and apology texts I had a knock at my door. My younger brother ran into my room saying that is was Mr. Myspace and if she should answer it. I'm not one to keep things to myself so my family and friends were all aware of what happened, after a week of me venting to them. I got up from bed and told him that I'd get it. The family ran into the kitchen so they can hear me at the door. When I opened the door there he was. Standing at my door step with a bouquet of red roses and a bag of my favorite candies. I turned my head to the left and saw my mom and two younger brothers watching. I just said told them that I'd be back and I went with Mr. Myspace in his car (the passenger seat, not the back seat). We got in the car and began to drive. He pulled over to the side of the road. I was afraid he was going to try to put the moves on me and that I wouldn't be able to think straight. Instead he began to cry. I totally was not expecting that. He never came off to me as the emotional type. He took out his phone to show me how he had deleted all the guys from his contacts and pictures from his phone. I wanted to jump back into his arms, but how was I to know if this would happen again? He begged for me to trust him and that he would never do that again. I wanted to leave him hanging so that he would have more time to think about what he had done, but when he leaned in for a kiss I gave in. And after an hour and a half of nothing but talking I decided to take him back. But he was highly mistaken if he thought we were going to be having sex. When he dropped me off back at my house I kissed him good bye and watched him drive away. It didn't hit me until that moment, how was I going to explain this to everyone? I walked into the house and everyone was still in the kitchen. I walked past them as fast as I could to get to my bedroom. Before shutting the door I announced that me and Mr. Myspace were back together, and I quickly shut the door. I can feel their eyes rolling through the bedroom door. I felt like I shouldn't have to explain my decision to them, but after a week of venting to them they kind of deserved an explanation. But I was not prepared with one so I changed my myspace relationship status and went to bed. The next day my friends came at me like a stampede of wild animals. "What happened?" "Your back with Mr. Myspace?" "What did he say?" I can tell by the tone of their questioning that they weren't thrilled with my decision, but they all seemed to be supportive once I explained what he said. Everyone except my best friend Paula. It seemed as though she didn't want to hear the explanation, and she wasn't asking any questions. She didn't come out and say that I was stupid for taking him back, but I could tell that, that was what she was thinking. I know that she wasn't going to be the first person to feel that way, but it just irked me that she couldn't at least pretend to be supportive. I tried not to think to hard about it and went about my day, I knew that I was going to have to do a lot of explaining for awhile so I took a deep breath and told everyone I had vented to my story. I got a lot of smiles and "awwww's" and "congratulations" or "I'm glad you guys are working it out" but none of these seemed to matter knowing my best friend didn't approve.

No comments:

Post a Comment