Thursday, March 24, 2011

Choose Me or the Weed

Shortly after me and Mr. Myspace were back together. Things were going great between us. He came over while I was working at the daycare. He had brought me a copy of the newest Britney Spears album as a surprise. I was so excited to see him. I sat there at the daycare watching the clock just as much as I was watching the kids. When the clock hit 5 me and him ran out to my car. I drove home, and he followed behind me in his car. I had been hungry so when we got to my house we decided to take his car to go out to eat. Although the two of us were so horned up that we had something else in mind to eat. We decided to drive behind my house on the dirt path called "the pipe line" there was nothing but a dirt path back there because since there was a major gas line, a pipe big enough to drive a car through, the town was unable to build on top of it. We drove his car on the dirt road, and decided to get dirty ourselves. After our back seat rendezvous was over I went into his glove compartment looking for tissues to clean up our mess. Instead of tissues I found something else....his bowl. My stomach instantly twisted into knots again. He told me he was done, he told me he wasn't going to smoke anymore. We hopped back into the front seat and began to drive. I made him pull over. I grabbed his bowl and got out of the car. He followed asking what I was doing. I stood over the towns garbage can. "Choose one or the other, which is it going to be? Me or pot?", I asked. He claimed that it wasn't his, it was a friends who smoked in his car. I dropped the bowl into the garbage can. He started yelling, "what the fuck is your problem?!?". I walked back over to his car and got in. He never said the words "I choose you" like I was hoping for, but he didn't go back for the bowl which made me feel better. He got back into the car and asked, "how can you judge me for doing something you've never even have tried?" I didn't respond. The thought of me smoking weed made my leg start to tremble. I just thought of how my mom would react if she found out that I had been doing drugs. All my life she would tell us stories of how her brother and sister's lives were so screwed up because of the drugs that did and still do to this day. I never wanted to be like that. We drove to the dinner and didn't speak about it again that night...

No comments:

Post a Comment