Monday, March 7, 2011

An Overdose of Love

It was the beginning of my Senior year. I felt like I was on top of the world and that I could put all the drama of Sophomore year behind me. And as you could have guessed, along with Mr. Myspace's mood swings also came Mr. Myspace's old habits. While laying on the couch watching a movie he had fallen asleep, as usual, and his phone began to vibrate. Being a nosy person I glanced over and noticed it was a guys name. Once the phone had stopped ringing I nudged him waking him up. I played dumb and acted as if I didn't know anything and said "I think your phone was ringing". When he looked at his phone, he knew that I was looking over his shoulder. He claimed it was a guy who had kept bothering him even though he had told him that he had a boy friend. I wasn't about to buy that one. I told him to call the guy and tell him to leave him alone. He then played it off as though he didn't want to start drama. Well if he didn't want to start drama then I was going to do it for him. I took his phone and went up stairs. He didn't really argue because he knew at this point that there was no talking to me. I went into the missed calls and called Aaron, and conveniently he didn't answer. So I took the liberty of leaving him a pleasant voice mail stating that he shouldn't call or text that number again if he would still like his genitals attached to his body the way nature had intended them to be. After that I went back into the house and all I had to do was give Mr. Myspace a look and he knew to back off. Usually he wasn't one to back down from an argument, but he knew better than to start with me. As the week went on text messages between me and Mr. Myspace were spreading thin. He would always complain of being depressed and just in a horrible mood, but when I suggested he go back onto his antidepressants it would just turn into an argument. Knowing that he had been feeling down I thought we could do something cute, that he enjoyed doing during the summer. So that weekend we laid out on the hammock like we use to during the summer and I made him a mix CD of songs that reminded me of him and played it on the outside speakers. We just laid there and relaxed in each others arms, and watched the stars in the sky. We were able to talk peacefully and laugh together and it was a nice night. He then began to say that he wasn't feeling well. And before I could ask him what was the matter he began to shake and tremble. He said that he was scared and grabbed my hand. I was beginning to freak out because this came out of no where. He wanted to just lay there, but I made him get up, because I was starting to freak out. When he got off the hammock he walked a couple steps with me holding him up and he legs ave out. I now had to carry most of his weight.When I got him to the steps of my house he sat down. He was hesitant to going into the house because he knew my mom would question why he was sick. He then confessed to me that he had swallowed a handful of his antidepressants because he could't take being depressed anymore. I didn't know weather to feel bad or be pissed. I felt bad that he is unable to control his emotions, but I was pissed at him for being so  stupid and irresponsible by taking so many at one time. I convinced him to go in the house so we could get my mom's help in case something could seriously go wrong. Once we got inside I got him a bucket that he could throw up in and a glass of watter. Meanwhile my mom got on the phone with my aunt who is a RN nurse to make sure he was going to be okay. She reassured us that the worst that can happen is that he will puke them all up until they are out of his system. He called his parents to come pick him up, because he obviously was in no condition to drive. Once his parents got there they came into the house. It was odd seeing his parents and my parents together in the same room. They were always friendly to one another, it was just a rare opportunity to see them all in the same room. The helped Mr. Myspace up and him and his Dad walked to the car. His mom thanked my mom for everything, but they oddly didn't seem as freaked out about everything as we had. The next morning he texted me apologizing for what happened and told me he felt like an idiot, and I wasn't about to argue with him on that one...

No comments:

Post a Comment